This training provided by trainers from CIGNEX, a training partner of Liferay is providing 2-day Liferay Portal Administration Training which covers portal administration training package at a very attractive price.
Come and learn about the new features Liferay Portal has to offer!
Portal Administrator Training (2 Days)
Portal Administrators are responsible for managing the entire system including users, site content and security. Participants will learn how to correctly assign users to Organizations and Communities, restrict access to content using Roles and Permissions and create new pages and content using Liferay's Content Management System.
Basic knowledge of Java and Servlets is required. The course will be intensive, but we will make sure to answer any questions you have to ensure that you have a solid grasp of the technology by the end of the course. Please note that a laptop with Windows XP and wireless card is required for this course. Recommended System Requirements: 2.0 GHz 1GB RAM.
- What is Liferay Portal and what sets it apart?
- Installing Liferay Portal
- Introduction to Liferay's User Interface
- Introduction to Portal Administration
- Communities and Organizations
- Page Management
- Creating Content
- Displaying Content
- Document and Image Management
- Advanced Content Management
- Content Management Utility Portlets
- Blogs and Blogs Aggregation
- Liferay Message Boards
- Page Comments, Polls, and Web Forms
- Liferay Wiki
- Bringing it all together with Tags and Assets
- Installing Plugins
- How to Design Your Site on the Liferay Platform
- Bonus (if time permits): Liferay's Shopping Cart