A Content Management System(CMS) is a collaboration of multiple components and modules which integrate to help the administrator and content managers of a website to effectively control and management the site through a familiar and easy web interface.
- CMS are the most exciting way to do business
- CMS can be really complicated and lastly
- Portals are often unaffordably expensive.
A CMS allows a company to realize several benefits; it
- Improves customer satisfaction by having correct information
- Maintains a high level of quality and consistent information on the web
- Enhances productivity by permitting for content to be re-used over multiple web sites
- Enhances productivity of webmasters in the areas of redesign and functionality
- Results in faster response time
- Facilitates controlled workflow, built up around the company’s processes and policies
- Leads to increased productivity among employees